Friday, March 14, 2008

Be Prepared

In my quiet time a few weeks ago, I heard the Lord tell me that I needed to be prepared. My first response, "Oh Lord, what now? It had been a difficult year, and I wasn't wanting more. As I sat, gritting my teeth as I waited, I heard him tell me, " be ready for ...JOY." I immediately thought of the scripture, "joy follows suffering" and began to pre worry about what else was coming. Then I realized, the joy was following the suffering we had already been through. He was just letting me know that it was time for JOY! Within a week's time, three major prayer needs in our family had been met. I was able to share joy with a friend in her own time of trial. Just sharing my thankfulness. God is faithful. He sends the rain on the just and the unjust. He gives good gifts to his children. He adores us. He loves us. He speaks to us and he gives us JOY!

No comments: