Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's the Holiday Season

Coughing and hacking my way into this beautiful time of year brought a new perspective on priorities. Being sick for almost a month left me without the usual prep time for Christmas cards, gift buying, packaging and mailing. After the usual freak out feelings of guilt and anxiety for not getting everything done and on time, I just let it all go. Really. Gone. If I can bring some New Year holiday cheer to some family and friends later, well, that will be fun, but if it doesn't work out, they will still love me. (yes you will) So I am thanking God for this peace over not being the perfect friend and co-worker and extended family member. This one day or few weeks does not define me. And,though it is fun to share and bless people and use pretty wrapping paper, I am able to move on and get to the more important, the priority of priorities... a few days with my family, coughing and hacking all the way.
Jesus really is the reason for the season.
Merry Christmas!