Friday, April 27, 2007

quotes

I used a quote in conversation the other day and then questioned my self as to the correct choice of words. The quote was, "Discretion is the better part of valor." Had to look it up and see if I was correct, and I was... (why do I doubt myself?) Made me wonder if any of you had a favorite quote and I am going to be thinking about what mine is. I will get back to you on that.
It is Friday!
Here is a Friday quote:
ARCHBISHOP, n. An ecclesiastical dignitary one point holier than a bishop.
If I were a jolly archbishop,On Fridays I'd eat all the fish up --Salmon and flounders and smelts;On other days everything else. Jodo Rem
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914),

1 comment:

Mel said...

One of mine: "Always look on the bright side of life."

~ Monty Python

NOTE: This is only my favorite quote when it is sung with a British accent.