Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nice

I am blogging from Abilene, Texas while staying with mother while my dad has surgery. I am continually amazed and delighted at the complete "niceness" of the residents of this city. People look you in the eyes and say "hello." They stop and hold the door for you even when you aren't right at the door and ready to go in. Nurses smile, make jokes, and check on their patients regurally and answer when the call button is pushed. WOW. Red, yellow, black or white, old and young, rich and poor, they have treated me with politeness, but more than that, they are just nice. It comes naturally. Since I am from a big city with alot of "entitled" people who love to go first, cut you off and walk right by without seeing you, I am enjoying a taste of being valued for just being alive and it makes me want to be more like them.

No comments: