Friday, May 2, 2008

Hospital Time (not bidness time)

It's that time again. Sleeping and staying at Baylor Dallas with my dad following his bypass surgery last week. He is doing okay, but still coming out of a very difficult heart surgery.
So in case you want to know, Baylor ICU nurses were great and ICU waiting room very nice. Now that we are in a room, well, not so sure. Staff is nice, but just has a different feel from my stay with my mom in Hendricks Hospital in Abilene last week. Everyone there went out of their way to be helpful and informative and it made a hard time easier. Hopefully it will get better.
Have I mentioned that I can't eat in a hospital room? I think it is the medicinal or cleaning smells, but I even tried to eat a pretzel for dinner last night and it was not wanting to go down. Makes me gag to think about it. Hope I don't have to go and stay as a patient any time soon or I will starve:)

1 comment:

Christy Z said...

Just spend all your extra time there. Think about the pounds you'll be dropping! Beats weight watchers!
Thanks for being such a good daughter and sister (and aunt!)