Friday, May 23, 2008

Ya Either Love Them or Hate Them...


Yes, we are talking about SPIDERS today. At our lakehouse in East Texas, we have spiders everywhere. If you set anything down on the deck, turn around, and then turn back, there is a web now attached to the item. I am trying to be more environmentally conscience, and have recruited ideas from my favorite "greenie" Mollie Guillmette, who writes a blog with ideas and items that are more environmentally friendly: http://one-change.com/blog/

and she gave me some suggestions for trying to keep the critters away without killing off all of the bugs and pets and small children with harsh chemicals. This weekend I am trying a diluted mix of lavendar, citrus and water that I will spray around the windows and doors which is supposed to keep them away as they don't like these smells. Did you know that spiders smell with their feet? I know that spiders have a place in our eco system that is essential, but when they are lurking in every corner, making messes with their cobwebs and possibly biting us with their poisonous venom..well, they just need to go away. Now. Hope this suggestion works.



No comments: