Friday, January 23, 2009

Some Days...

Alot of what I write about in this blog is fluff. Just words and silliness. But in my job as secretary at a church, I never know whether my day will be simple or full, light or heavy. This week has been full of heavy. I never know who God will send in my doorway and how He wants me to respond until it happens. Yesterday I spent most of my work day with a young man who doesn't think his life has any purpose and that he should never have been born. If you knew even part of his story, you might agree with him. So, I am being used as a friend and confidant of someone who talks about ending his life each time we speak. To me this is where the rubber meets the road in faith. If there is no God, why not end it. If there is a God, then there is Jesus. If there is Jesus, then there is hope. Can't see him. Can't touch him. You just have to choose to believe. I have chosen. I am choosing to hope for this young man while he can't. I am believing for him. This is big stuff. life and death. If you are reading this and you don't know Jesus, well, I am believing for you too. Take a chance. Ask God to reveal himself to you. Call me. Let's talk about life and death and hope. I choose hope.

Romans 15:13 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: