Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The gifts that keep on giving...white elephant partys

Happy Holidays Batman! Okay, I have been to my second "White Elephant" party of the season and there will probably be more as this appears to be the way people can get rid of stuff each year and have decided to use the Christmas Holidays as the perfect time to host these events. (I usually just take things to Good Will or have a garage sale myself.) So...yet another chance to take a number and pretend to fight over someone else's rejected giftings. Hmmm... our American holiday traditions are slightly odd at times. But, I have ended up with some really nice uh, well, uh, stuff. Just think, all across the country, the gift you gave a few years back is probably now in someone else's home far far away, just waiting for the next White Elephant Party. See you next year. I already have my next year's gifts ready!

No comments: